1. Hello Sara, thanks for taking the time to talk with us on here! Can you share a little about yourself? Anything you enjoy or like that we wouldn't know from your work as an author?
Thank you for having me. I'm the author of several novels, and also a TV journalist. In my free time, I volunteer for various causes in my community.
2. In our previous conversations, you've shared that you also are a journalist as well as an author. What's that like trying to balance those in your life?
It's not as hard as it sounds! I work as a freelance journalist, so that allows me a chance to work each week on my books. I love the fact that my work as a journalist has given me so many opportunities to meet new people and see new things.
3. I've read a few of your books, and I notice in your young adult novels, you have a tendency to focus on matters that teens often struggle with internally. What motivated you to tackle those topics and yet still manage to keep the stories lighter and not quite so heavy on readers?
My characters drive the stories! I speak for them, and they're driving the narrative! What they want to say...I write.
4. One of the things I've noticed about you as a person is that you have heart and compassion for people in general and that you're actively involved in your home community- was there any one thing in life that sparked that passion in yourself to want to help others?
I grew up in a faith-based family that stressed the importance of helping others. I guess it rubbed off on me!
5. Most of us have had at least one person make a significant impact on our lives in a meaningful way- was there someone like that for you and if so, who were they?
My dad. He died when I was 10, and it made a huge impact on me. I hope every day that I make him proud.
6. Out of all the places you've been to in the world, which location would you say is your favorite place to be and why?
Palm Beach, Florida! I love the sun, the beach, and the lifestyle! If I could live there year-round, I would! Maybe when I retire.
7. Lastly, if there was one thing in the world you could change, what would it be?
I wish people would be kinder to each other and less angry. I think our digital age has made people far too aggressive.
Q7 Corner: Author Interviews
A.L.Deleon loves to find and interview authors, Indie or Traditional. This is where you'll find all the details of those interview spotlights. Typically you'll find her asking seven questions of each author featured.